Government of National Capital Territory (GNCT) of Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi and Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society (DMICS) Hyderabad
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM).
World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) is a unique initiative of DMICS to bring researchers, policy makers and practitioners from around the world in the same platform to discuss various challenging issues of disaster risk management. The mission of WCDM is to promote interaction of science, policy and practices to enhance understanding of risks and advance actions for reducing risks and building resilience to disasters.
The Conference will discuss various topics, including:
- Remote Sensing, GIS and Drones for Disaster Risk Management
- Early Warning of Hydro-Meteorological Disasters: Tasks Ahead
- Early Warning of Earthquakes: How Far, How Near
- Operationalising Early Warning of Landslides
- Application of Artificial Intelligence for Managing Risks of Disasters
- Emerging Technologies for Climate & Disaster Resistant Agriculture
- Nepal Earthquake 2015
- Kerala Floods 2018
- Indoneia Earthquake 2018
- Indian Cyclones of 2019
- Mozambique Floods 2019
- Australian Bushfire 2020