In the week from May 29 to June 1, EUMeTrain will hold an online Event Week on Heatwaves and Droughts. During the event week there will be a number of presentations which will cover different aspects of heatwaves and droughts, mainly focusing on satellite observations that can be used to study their impacts and causes. There will be a total of 15 presentations between the four days.
The following sessions will be covered by this training:
Session 1 - 29 May 2023
- Drivers of droughts and heatwave intensification mechanisms
- Google Earth Engine - a powerful tool to study heatwaves & droughts (Sofia Ermida)
Session 2 - 30 May 2023
- How is LSA SAF helping in monitoring of Heatwaves & Droughts
- Land Surface Temperature and Heatwave monitoring
- Marine Heatwaves - how can SST anomalies influence HW over land?
- Soil moisture and drought monitoring
- On the combined use of multiple satellite-derived variable (precipitation, evapotranspiration, soil moisture, and snow) for monitoring drought and water resources
Session 3 - 31 May 2023
- Urban Heat Islands
- Climatological Drought Monitoring in Switzerland Using EUMETSAT SAF Satellite Data
- LSA SAF Vegetation products
- Impacts of extremes on vegetation dynamics and crops
- Case studies using LSA SAF data
Session 4 - 1 June 2023
- Impacts on Global Carbon Cycle
- Impacts on air quality
- EUMETSAT climate services
To read more on the agenda, click here.
To know more about the training week and learn how to register, click here.